Thursday 30 April 2009

My child has how many passports?

An email from a new oleh and a new father:

"As the cycle of life continues, my new son entered the world last week. In preparation for his birth, all was considered. Bedroom furniture - check; Pram - check; nappies - check; and the list goes on. However the one thing that was not considered was that our child would have his own identity.

The day after the brit, I, the sleep-deprived father went to the Misrad Hapnim with the hospital proof that my son was born. Once presenting the form and the Teudot Zehut of my wife and myself, my son was officially registered as Israeli, receiving his birth certificate. As things were closing up, the clerk turned to me and said, "Come back with photos another time so that we can arrange a passport for him".

At that point it dawned on me, there is not only one passport application that needs to be filled out, there are three!

And so, the process of three passport applications began - essentially a competition of which country's bueracracy was the better one or worse.

Let's hope all work out fine."


Applications for citizenship and passports can be made by contacting the appropriate embassies:

United Kingdom
Citizenship
Passport

Australia
Citizenship
Passport

New Zealand
Citizenship
Passport

South Africa
Citizenship
Passport

USA
Citizenship
Passport

No comments:

Post a Comment